Monday, June 17, 2013

That Was the Blog That Was...

Jaysus. Where do the years go?

I've just visited this page for the first time in years with the intention of taking it down as its been so long since I last posted anything at all here and 7 years since the last proper entry. Like I said; Jaysus. Where do the years go? But reading over the page a bit I've decided to let it alone and leave it here for people to read if they want. It gets a few hits here and there each month so why not.

But as a kind of farewell to it I suppose I should say why I stopped it rather than you all think it was laziness. It wasn't laziness. At one point it was serious illness, but once that was sorted (both times) I did plan to continue it. Then I sat down and was working out what entries I now needed to write to catch up with the years of madness both life wise and job wise. It would have been a long haul, but I was up for it as I always enjoyed writing this blog and telling tall tales of a fella from Congress Place trying his best to put a roof over his head in The London by dressing up for a living. But the thing was I couldn't talk about everything. This blog was always honest to the point of self humiliation but things had and were now happening in my career that I just couldn't talk about. Not online anyway. If I put some of those stories into black and white type on a website I would never work again. I would be committing career suicide. So I thought I'd just be very judicious and still tell tales of me getting pissed and having a laugh and just pepper in some bits of (heavily edited and very abridged) stories of me being a poncey actor. All laughs and shits and giggles.

And then I thought, what's the fuckin point?

It wasn't all laughs and shits and giggles. There were crazy times, brilliant times and bad times. There are brilliant mad stories just about the business and how bit by bit it changes the longer you stay in it and I realised that they really couldn't be spoken about in a public place like the internet. Not without the fear of offending someone and at the end of the day I still have to get up and audition same as almost every other actor. That's real showbiz kids. The point of this blog was to tell real stories about a business that is sometimes very unreal. Why sugar coat it? If I can't tell the stories I really want to tell, why tell any at all? Best just to let it lie.

So I did.

The best place to hear what happened after those two years I wrote about is probably sitting beside me on a bar stool in The London buying me cider or whiskey. Ah yeah.

So while the blog is over, my life thankfully is not and I am in rude health and great form and type this in my trailer on the set of a movie I'm shooting in Dublin. How bad? Still dressing up for a living. I cannot complain but like any actor I sometimes do.

I leave here nearly two years of my life. I hope you enjoy. It gets better as it goes along

... a bit like life.

Up the Déise boy!

Jamie Beamish
June 2013
http://www.jamiebeamish.com

1. AND SO IT BEGINS
2. ONE WEEK ON And a week is a long time in the...
3. THE NEXT ORLANDO BLOOM Meetings with casting...
4. AND THE WINNER IS........... Not me. But I cou...
5. ALAS POOR CALICO I BARELY KNEW YE
6. YOUR ONLY AS YOUNG AS THE PLAYING AGE YOU FEEL ...
7. ONE MUSICAL TO RULE THEM ALL They'll make a mu...
8. IT NEVER RAINS....... But it feckin' pours! I...
9. LIGHTS! CAMERA! INACTION!
10. THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
11. SILENCE IS GOLDEN
12. THE JITTER
13. THINGS HAPPEN IN THREES
14. WAITING FOR THE PHONE TO RING
15. DIGS HELL
16. LORD OF THE FESTIVAL
17. THE WAY I ALWAYS AM!
18. YORK, SO GOOD THEY NAMED IT ONCE
19. WHY DON'T YOU GET YOURSELF A PROPER JOB?
20. 'TWAS THE RUN UP TO CHRISTMAS....
21. A WHALE OF A TALE
22. THE TAXMAN COMETH!
23. MUCH ADO ABOUT SOMETHING
24. DID YOU BLINK?
25. BEGGARS CAN BE CHOOSERS.
26. DOUBLE BUBBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE
27. FAME AT LEAST!
28. WHEN YOUR LIFE FLASHES BEFORE YOU
29. JIMMY THREE JOBS
30. BRUSH UP YOUR SHAKESPEARE
31. SING (AND DANCE) FOR YOUR SUPPER
32. SHOW TO SHOW BEAMISH?
33. TO OPEN AND CLOSE A SHOW IN THE SAME WEEK
34. TOADING IN THE RAIN?
35. HIT THE ROAD JACK
36. ROLL UP FOR THE MYSTERY TOUR!

A CHANGE TO THE SCHEDULED PROGRAMME Hello all, T...
Janey Mac Was it that long ago?